Wednesday, September 22, 2010

LT's First Haircut

Well, I took LT to get his first haircut this morning at a new salon that recently opened nearby. It was nice inside and we were the only customers since we arrived at 9:30am. I let LT explore a bit and check out the styling products on the shelves so he could get acclimated with his surroundings. When we got started, the stylist brought out a big cushion for him to sit on and a penguin cape to drape around his little body. LT was a bit timid, as he can be with new people, but he held my hand and his doggie's ear, and he was OK. I explained to the woman that I just wanted a little trim around the back, his ears, and the wispy hairs that were getting in his eyes. The stylist was nice to LT and she got started right away. LT was very serious and curious about her scissors. As the haircut progressed, I could not believe how well he was doing. I was all prepared to start singing and doing my best to keep him happy, but he was just great! The stylist said LT was "exceptional" and it was one of the best first haircuts she'd ever given. I was so proud of his behavior and how calm he was. He looks adorable in his new 'do! Its a bit shorter than what I had in mind, but its still great. I kept a lot of his beautiful blond hair for a keepsake and took a few pictures for the memory books. After getting his haircut today, I am reminded of how many "firsts" LT has ahead of him, and how lucky I am to be able to share in these experiences. I think I'll remember this haircut with him sitting in the big seat all by himself with the penguin cape around him forever! Awwww, I love him soooo much ....

No comments:

Post a Comment