Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cold Weather Cooking

After 2 long, rainy and chilly days, I am really feeling like autumn has arrived! LT wore his new rain slicker for the first time today. I don't think he appreciated the squeaky sounds it made when he moved his arms, but it did keep him warm and dry when we went out for groceries.

I was feeling particularly motived to prepare a nice dinner for D because he's been working very hard lately and has an important work week ahead of him. I also wanted to make a treat for LT, so I decided to bake banana bread during LT's nap. This is something we can all enjoy! For dinner I made Sliced Steak with Horseradish Gravy and Potato and Watercress Hash - it turned out very well. LT did not like any of it, but D and I ate it up. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks yummy! Isn't it funny...cold weather inspires me to cook more too! This week alone I've made steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy (in the crock pot), and a huge pot of turkey chili in the crock pot! There's just something so great about a crock pot meal on a cold, rainy day! I would love a photo of LT in that rain slicker...so cute!

    ReplyDelete