Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mangiare

As my late Grandmom Theresa would say "manja, manja" - eat, eat - little LT loves to do just that! Up until about 12 months, LT would eat just about anything and everything we offered him. The past few months have been a bit of a struggle as we've been trying to get him to eat more solid food and phase out the baby food.  It has been tough for LT to eat solids since he didn't get his first tooth until he was 14 months old.  Now he has 7 teeth and he's making great strides towards eating big boy food, and D and I are thrilled!  Today he ate 2+ strawberries and some watermelon.  I was so excited because he can eat baby food fruit all day long but he always spits out any "real" fruit, but the past few days he's been trying it and I have been doing a dance of joy in front of him - literally!  I am sooo excited.  Recently he even ate some real carrots, peas, green beans, mashed potatoes, baked apples, and even a little chicken.  It might not sound like much, but D and I are sooo excited.  We have been running out of creative, healthy options for food choices he would eat.  It looks like our persistence is paying off and we just hope he continues to eat more and more solids! yay!  I don't even care how messy he gets and how many times he runs his fingers full of sticky fruit and yogurt through his hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment