Christmas is quickly approaching and I feel like I have soooo much to do! Both my elves, big and little, are not operating at full capacity. LT has a cold, awww. Poor little thing ... he's got so much congestion in his chest, he's coughing and sneezing, a lot! Its only the second time in his 18 months that he's ever been sick. Its the first time I have ever had to take care of a "sick" child, since his mild cold last winter does not really even compare to this, and looking back, I'm not sure he even had a cold now?! LT is super snuggly and only seems to want "mommmmyyyyy" all the time. I guess everyone wants their mommy when they're sick. I cannot even begin to count the number of sneezes, snots, coughs, and boogers that have been wiped on me from LT's persistent snuggling and crawling all over me these past few days. Ahhh, the life of a mommy ...
 |
| LT coping with his cold ... resting on the couch ... awwww |
At the same time, D is having back problems. He threw his back out on Dec 10th and could hardly move. Then he seemed to be improving and went to work Thursday, but of course when he was leaving he slipped on the snow in his dress shoes, and tweaked his back pretty bad - basically set himself back to the beginning. Soooo, I have had 2 men to care for, and very little time to prepare for Christmas. Its ok though, I love Christmas! We are hosting Christmas Eve again this year. D and I also just finished our basement, and we're really excited about how it turned out - we think LT has a great play room!
The Christmas tree has been another interesting challenge - I guess its the novelty, but LT keeps saying "ball" and pointing to the ornaments. Now, sometimes he has been great at being "gentle" but other times, he has taken the 'ball" or "apple" (anything red and round) off the tree, which scares us because its totally dangerous. Ahhh , give me strength! I'm going down our basement to my gift wrapping station now - gotta roll the sleeves up and get to work! Merry Christmas to everyone!!
 |
The first night we brought the tree in the house
LT ran around the tree in circles and then would hide behind it - he'd come out and "boo" |
 |
This year we picked a Frasier Fir
Christmas 2010 |
Oh, Jen! I hope both your boys feel better very soon! There is nothing worse than a sick little one...it's so sad to watch them struggle. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help? Your tree looks lovely!
ReplyDelete