Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March! Spring is almost here!

Yay!  Its March 1st!  I know many people just love the fall and winter seasons, but me - I could skip them and just take the warm weather forever!  And as it relates to life with my little man - the warm weather suits his interest in walking and playing outdoors, exploring, and running around, all of which I cannot wait for!  We have been getting outside these past few weeks, even in our current temperatures.  Its great now that Landon is much more stable on his feet than last year!  In our basement there is a red wagon from Christmas-time, still in its box, just itching to be opened and played with.  D and I are perusing advertisements for outdoor play equipment.  I have a play-house, sandbox, and basketball net in mind for Landon ... its more a question of what can/cannot fit in our little yard.  Maybe even a tricycle too ... his friend "B" has a killer ride that is just to die for - its a Schwinn, complete with a coat of candy-apple red paint, and black leather fringe hanging from the handle bars.  Landon might need one of them too :-)

We have nothing but things to look forward to in the coming months - we just booked our beach house rental in OC, NJ for two weeks this coming July!  We absolutely cannot wait!  D got us tickets to a few Phillies games this summer.  Also, D is really in the home-stretch now for his dissertation and hoping to possibly defend by the end of March. 

A YMCA update - I'm pleased to report that Landon has made a ton of progress!  I can now drop him off for about 1 hour while I workout.  He sometimes cries a little when I'm leaving and again a little when he sees me come back to pick him up, but the teachers say he's fine when I'm gone.  His favorite is Miss "A" - apparently she calls him her "helper" since he stays by her side most of the time.  She also told me that he's tried to console other babies who may be crying and upset.  Awww, I just love this little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, he is such a sweetheart! He will be a wonderful, empathetic friend! So excited for March/spring! And, I'm so excited to hear more about your OCNJ trip!

    ReplyDelete