Friday, January 28, 2011

Is it spring yet???

I've been taking some heat for the lack of blog updates recently and I have no excuse other than to say I have been so busy - but really, what mommy doesn't find herself saying that?

This week; however, the entire K family grappled with an awful stomach bug.  We had a lovely weekend last weekend; visited our dear friends, the H family, visited a pet store so Landon could see the "pups", and had a delicious home-cooked meal at Mom-Mom and Pop's house.  I went out shopping for some new pants for the long-legged Landon, and after a short stop at our Great-Grandmother's house for a visit, I came home to learn that my little sweetie had gotten sick (vommitted) for the first time!  Imagine my heart-ache.  I walked in to see Daddy (sans shirt) and Landon cuddled in a blanket on the couch watching Finding Nemo - also a first. 

The poor little thing was very tired but seemed ok, so we took it easy, thought we were out of the woods, and even went to dinner as normal on Monday evening at the grandparents.  Monday night I felt like I was hit by a train and the stomach bug got me - Tuesday morning, it got Darin.  Tuesday afternoon it got Landon, again.  The last few days have just been terrible, as we've all been so sick - the weather hasn't helped, but happily D and I are mostly recovered today, but little LT is still not himself.  All the Pedialyte and watered-down Gatorade (doctor's orders) help a little, but this is really taking its course on his system.  We hope to make it to C's 5th birthday party tomorrow afternoon!

On a positive note, I'm pleased to report that LT's vocabulary is really growing! Everyday he tries to say several new words and is putting two words together.  Its very exciting for us to listen and watch. D and I have known he's understood everything we've been saying and his sign-communication has been great, but its wonderful to hear his sweet little voice and see him expanding. I just LOVE his voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment