Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Keeping Busy in the Cold

Here we are with another winter storm ... I hope its over soon!  We had a fun and busy weekend.  Friday night we ventured to a local mall just to get out of the house after a long week of being ill.  Landon enjoyed a Rita's mango water ice and he perked right up.  We also bought him a little present - a bumble-bee pillow pet that he loves.  He is still talking about it today - "mall" ... "bee" ....  It was a nice evening.  On Saturday morning we began with LT's 2nd haircut.  The place we chose was fantastic and his stylist was terrific - I'd highly recommend this place to any mommy with a toddler who's a little less than enthusiastic about a haircut.  Then we traveled to the pet store next door, then home for lunch and a nap, then a basketball birthday party in the late afternoon. Landon was very timid at C's 5-year-old party, but when we moved out of the gym and into a play room at the facility, he had a blast playing with the bouncy balls and enjoying pizza, soft pretzel, and cupcakes - who wouldn't! Sunday we went to church, the grocery store, and later in the afternoon made a trip to Borders and Pier 1. It was a busy weekend, but full of fun! Yesterday, Landon and I went to the YMCA in the morning and had a "date" at Wendy's for dinner because it was just the two of us all day.  I told him we were going on a "date" and he kept saying "date" - it was so funny!

Here are some pictures of Landon playing with the Nutcrackers - still not packed away yet ...

The Viking

Moving his handle

Reading "ho ho's" list

Nutcrackers are #1

1 comment:

  1. Aw, he's so cute! I love that you went on a "date!" Great photos!

    ReplyDelete