Friday, February 11, 2011

YMCA Update

Yay! We are making some real strides at the YMCA! Today was day #3 for taking LT to the Y early in the morning - 8am ish, as per the director's suggestion because it is less busy and he can get the 1-on-1 attention he needs right now until he's more comfortable with the transition to be away from me.  Landon did cry when I first dropped him off but after 45 minutes of exercise, I went back to the "Kid Zone" (as they call it) to pick him up and I found him happily playing with a few other children around a train table. I am soooo proud of him and sooo thrilled to see some real progress.  I was legitimately worried that this would not work out.  I don't want to get too excited just yet, but I see a light ... the Y offers LT a great opportunity for socialization and to learn that its ok to play, talk, and interact with other children and adults, and that mommy only leaves him with safe, caring people, and that mommy always comes back!!!  Its also a wonderful outlet for me!

Separately, thanks to CW and K for a truly fantastic Wednesday morning playdate!  CW is adorable, funny, and smart to boot!  Landon and I just love spending time with the K family!  Looking forward to our next "date."

These 2 book worms enjoyed a short story - and matching blue & khaki outfits this day!

D and I are going overnight on Saturday evening to get away - it's my first time away overnight from Landon.  I am ready :-)  Mom-Mom and Pop P are coming over and spending the night at our house to take care of Landon.  I think everyone is going to have a terrific time!  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. We love spending time with you guys too! How was your weekend?

    ReplyDelete